Half Spent was the Night
Coming: October 16, 2018
“One cannot help but want to spend more time in the company of these witches.”
During the nights between Christmas and New Year’s, the witches of New York—Adelaide Thom, Eleanor St. Clair and Beatrice Dunn—gather before the fire to tell ghost stories and perform traditional Yuletide divinations. But their immediate future is revealed to them by a series of messengers bearing personal invitations for a New Year’s Eve masquerade ball to be held by a stranger at the Fifth Avenue Hotel. Is the generous hostess as benevolent as she seems or is she laying a trap? As Gilded-Age New York prepares to ring in the New Year, the witches don their finery and head for the ball, on the hunt for an answer that might well be the end of them.
The Witches of New York
Nasty women, your party has arrived. Ami McKay's witches are in town..."
- #1 Canadian Bestseller
- Nominated for the Sunburst Award for Fiction, and the Thomas Raddall Prize
- Winner of the 2017 Atlantic Independent Bookseller’s Choice Award
- Starred reviews from: Publishers’ Weekly, Booklist, and Kirkus.
Follow a trio of remarkable women as they navigate the glitz and grotesqueries of Gilded Age New York by any means possible, including witchcraft. Part Victorian fairy tale, part penny dreadful, part feminist manifesto, The Witches of New York is historical fiction with a twist.
The Virgin Cure
Strongly delineated characters and a vivid historical backdrop … [a] reflective novel, which quietly conveys fierce indignation about the savagery with which the rich prey on the poor in a world ruled by money.
“I am Moth, a girl from the lowest part of Chrystie Street, born to a slum-house mystic and the man who broke her heart.”
- National Canadian Bestseller
- CBA Libris Award “Book of the Year” Nominee
- Thomas Raddall Award nominee
- O Magazine July 2012 “The Books of Summer” pick
- Book of the Month Club – “Blue Ribbon Pick”
- Winner of the 2012 Atlantic Independent Booksellers’ Choice Award
The Birth House
An astonishing debut, a book that will break your heart and take your breath away.
- #1 Canadian Bestseller
- CBC Canada Reads Book of the Decade Finalist
- Thomas Raddall Award for Fiction Nominee
- Winner of the OLA Evergreen Award
- Fiction Book of the Year – CBA Libris Award
- Author of the Year – CBA Libris Award
- Atlantic Independent Booksellers’ Choice Award
- Longlisted for the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award