When I was a child I loved finding things…
…a jar of my grandmother’s old buttons, a cigar box filled with boy scout badges and river stones, a flouncy party dress pushed to the back of my mother’s closet – circa 1955. With every relic I discovered, there came a story. Real or imagined, the tales that surrounded each object were magic, making the ‘thing’ more immediate, something more than it was before I’d found it.
Fact or fiction, fantastic, joyful or sad, stories make us more than we were before we found them. Welcome to my shoebox of buttons, sealing wax and scribblings.
- August 4 @ 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm at Ross Creek Centre for the Arts
- August 10 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Wolfville Farmers Market
- October 25 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at Al Whittle Theatre
- November 14 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm at Casablanca Winery Inn
- November 16 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm at Liberty Grand
This summer the website is undergoing renovations, so please excuse the mess. It’s all in anticipation of the October release of The Witches of New York in Canada and the UK! I’ll be touring across Canada in November and I’ll have loads of other news to share in the weeks ahead. If you’d like to stay in touch, please follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; and be sure to sign up for my newsletter, Incidental Pieces , using the form below.